Colacacia Gravy/Seppan Kizhangu Kara Kuzhampu
In Tamil,It is Seppan Kizhangu.Taro Root or Colacacia in English.Arbi Fry in Hindi.It is very familar in south indian Recipes.Taro Root is a root ingredient,In which we can make Spicy Gravy,Sambhar,Roast,Tikki,Cutlet so on.In this post we see how to prepare Seppan Kizhangu Kara Kuzhampu or Puli Kuzhampu.It goes well with Cooked Rice,Idly,Dosa.Try this recipe and send your valuable Feedback,Comments,Suggestions,
Post your comments at http://easynsimplerecipe.blogspot.in/
Like us and Follow us on https://www.facebook.com/KeerthisKitchen
- SeppanKizhangu/Taro Root - 1/4 Kg
- Onion/Shallots - 1 Cup(Finely Chopped)
- Tomato - 1 Cup(Finely Chopped)
- Minced Garlic - 2 Teaspoon
- Curry Leaves - Few
- Tamarind Juice - 1 Cup
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Chilli Powder/Kuzhampu Masala Powder - 2 Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Fenugreek Seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Fresh Grated Coconut - 1/4 Cup
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - To Taste
- Wash Taro Root cleanly and pressure cook for 2 Whistles.
- Peel of the skin and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,Put Mustard Seeds and Fenugreek Seeds,after splutters add curry leaves and minced Garlic and saute.
- Add Finely chopped Onions and saute till the onions become transparent.
- Now add Finely Chopped Tomato and saute till the tomatoes mash.
- Add salt,Turmeric Powder,Chilli Powder and Tamarind Juice and mix well.
- Add required water and boil it.
- Now add cooked Taro root and close it with lid and cook in low flame,So that the masala penetrates into the cooked taro root.
- Grind Fresh Coocnut as fne paste with little water.
- After the raw smell goes off and oil separates,Mix well and Add coconut paste and wait till bubbles come.
- Transfer into bowl and garnish with finely chopped Coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Cooked Rice or Idly or Dosa.