Smashed Brinjal Gravy / Kathirikai Kadaiyal
Kathirikai Kadaiyal is a traditional recipes which suits with mostly Idly and Dosa.It makes mouth watery.whenyou do this the brinjal should be seedless.We say "Mull Kathirikai" that is very much suitable to prepare this Gravy.Enjoying doing this recipe and post your comments,Suggestions,FeedBack to
Like us and Follow us on https://www.facebook.com/KeerthisKitchen
- Brinjal - 5
- Onion - 2
- Tomato - 2
- Garlic - 5 Pods
- GreenChilly - 5
- Tamarind - small ball
- Mustard Seeds - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Salt - To Taste
- Oil - 1 Teaspoon
- Cut Brinjal,Onion,Tomato into cubes.
- Take A Pressure Cooker and heat oil in it.
- Add Mustard Seeds,After splutters add Onions,GreenChilly,Garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add Brinjal to it and saute till the color changes and add tomato it and saute till the tomato smashed and add required salt and one Cup water and pressure cook for one whistle.
- After Pressure release,Make it cool and grind coarsely.In Traditional way we do this with "Kalchatti and Mathu".
- If you have that do with that or else grind in mixer itself.
- Serve Hot with Idly or Dosa.